1. No, Boko Haram and the insurgency is not a conspiracy by the North or even Northern leaders to make Jonathan look bad. I hear grown intelligent men and women down here below the Niger spew this rubbish and it makes me boil. What the hell is wrong with people in this country? I recently saw on the internet that 85 percent of people in the South South and South East believe Boko Haram is a Northern conspiracy against Jonathan, they also believe there were no Chibok girls (see 2 below) So a region decides to destroy itself to make a leader look bad? Get out of here! People have died and it is an insult to their memory to question the legitimacy of their deaths by turning it into a conspiracy theory.
2. Yes, there really were girls in Chibok that went missing. This should be obvious but we live in a country where ethnic affiliations and the greed for power or perception of having power by virtue of your “brother” being in charge is more important than the truth. Do you believe that if these girls did not exist that somebody in the world (because the world media covered the story) and in Nigeria would have come out to expose the falsehood? I almost swore at a colleague that said the girls are not real by telling him I wish his daughter and wife were kidnapped and I will tell him they were not real.
3. There is no such thing as a homogeneous North that speaks with one voice no matter what the hell ACF says. They do not speak for me and many people from the region. Northern Nigeria is as diverse as any other part of the country with many cultures, languages and different religions/denominations. The predominance of hausa as a language is because it was used for trade and also because of the Jihad of Usman Danfodio. On a related note, I knew tribalism was real when someone basically alluded to not voting for a candidate because of his accent. Shege Babanka, did your forefathers over 200 years ago speak English with the Queen’s accent you inbred son of a bitch? Is English your native tongue? In most nations their leaders speak english with the accent of the country, would you tell the German Chancellor not to speak English with a German accent or heck speak German. Why are we silly in this country.
4. Becoming the Biggest Economy in Africa or the 3rd Fastest growing economy in the world isnt shit mainly because a) the first one has to do with basically recalculating what was already on ground which didnt really lower the price of garri and b) the second one hasnt accounted for the effect of the drop in crude oil prices
5. Whoever you are supporting come February 14th and 28th, have they given you plans for your village, local government, constituency, state and country that are well articulated and Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely (SMART), or are they giving you generalities? are they telling you about roads, electricity, employment and not telling you how they hope to achieve it? Are they playing on your sentiment? A leader is as good as his/her team. Why havent they brought together an intelligent and pragmatic team to draw up a plan that is clear and concrete? They rather hire thugs and that my friend is the bane of our society. We glory in labels, sentiments and shallow promises at the expense of robust and intelligent conversation and practicalities that can lead us to the future…
(Re: the song) Because when a lot of these politicians speak, their words mean nothing and I just want to cover my ears. So folk, what do you think about what I m saying or what would you say to Nigerians (example, Dear Nigerians, stop eating my beans!)